Here are some of the highlights:
1. 2019 PGA Show included to Inaugural Racquet & Paddle Sports Conference
2. National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) is forming a multi-year, strategic alliance to co-locate NGCOA’s annual Golf Business Conference with the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, beginning in 2020.
3. Taylormade opted no to participate in 2019 Show Merchandise Show.
4. The greatest gift that Greg Norman says he has been given is “Unquestioned Loyalty.” Note that he follows 400 people on social media, has 61 brands and 12 companies and from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., it is his quiet time in the gym.
5. The following educational sessions were held at the PGA Forum Stage (rank in descending order as to the value of a golf course operator in my opinion:
- TopGolf Top Tracer: 8,000 Top Tracer range bays deployed. 60% increase in range revenue. Fees are $30 per hour. Note that 13 million visited Top Golf in 2018 representing 2.3 million unique visitors. Top Golf has 62 venues in 6 countries.
- Leveraging the Game in a Digital Age: Instagram and Facebook most popular apps.
- New Callaway Shaft Fitting and Odyssey Putter Technology
- Club Car Energizes Golf Experience with Tempo walk: Bethpage to adopt. Out of 220,000 rounds, 140,000 golfers walk.
- #InviteHer: 35% of new golfers are women. Men tell about every shot. Women talk about the social experience. Women make 87% of buying decisions.
- The Millennial Perspective: 43% of millennials are multi-cultural.
- Inclusion Diversity Innovation: In 2020, Caucasians will be in the minority in the United States.
- Future of Coaching
- Sirius Town Hall – Greg Norman
- Sirius Town Hall – Top Teachers
- My PGA Journey – Mentors
- Coaching and Recruiting from a College Coach
To see pictures that capture the essence of the event, click here.